What is Summer Bridge?
The APEX Summer Bridge program is an 8-week rigorous program designed to determine if students have what it takes to progress and graduate from the University. Students will take courses designed to improve their academic skills and strengthen their personal awareness and responsibility. Students will be required to live on campus for the entire eight weeks and participate in mandatory scheduled activities designed to promote student success. Students must pass each course with a "C" grade or better to be admitted into APEX Scholars. Summer Bridge is offered at no charge* to all students selected to participate.
Things for Students & Parents/Guardians to Know:
- No cars are allowed on campus during Summer Bridge
- No overnight visitors during Summer Bridge
- Students are expected to leave campus on Thursday's between 5:00pm - 7:00pm for the weekend. Students will need to return to campus between 6:00pm - 7:00pm on Sundays
- No animals or pets
- Students must adhere to the WSU Student Code of Conduct
- All linen is the responsibility of the student (bed size is XL Twin)
- FAFSA for the Academic year 2017-2018 must be completed prior to the begining of the Fall Term.
- All students wishing to reside in the Resident Halls for Fall 2017 must complete the housing application and pay the application fee. Information on housing and the application can be found here: http://housing.wayne.edu/
- Students who do not successfully complete the Summer Bridge program will not be admitted to APEX Scholars or Wayne State University.
For more information about Summer Bridge requirements and expectations, download our Orientation Packet.
APEX Summer Bridge Dates:
- Sunday June 25 - Friday August 18, 2017
- Move In Date: Sunday, June 25th from 3:00pm - 6:00pm
- Student and Parent Orientation: All students and Parents must attend Orientation
- Saturday, May 13, 2017 (Summer Bridge students ONLY)
- Saturday, May 20, 2017 (Summer Bridge students ONLY)
- Summer Bridge Student Registration for Fall 2017 will take place during Orientation.
- Move Out Date is: Tuesday, August 15th
Students will recieve orientation information after confirmation of admission to Bridge programs.
Summer Bridge Orientation is for students and parents of ADMITTED Summer Bridge participants only!
*The following fees are the responsibility of the student:
- Student Lock out Fee $20.00
- Replacement of lost room key Fee $150.00
- Replacement of lost One Card Fee $10.00