What is Summer Bridge?
The APEX Summer Bridge program is an 8-week rigorous program designed to determine if students have what it takes to progress and graduate from the University. Students will take courses designed to improve their academic skills and strengthen their personal awareness and responsibility. Students will be required to live on campus for the entire eight weeks and participate in mandatory scheduled activities designed to promote student success. Students must pass each course with a "C" grade or better to be admitted into APEX Scholars. Summer Bridge is offered at no charge* to all students selected to participate.
Things for Students & Parents/Guardians to Know:
- No cars are allowed on campus during Summer Bridge
- No overnight visitors during Summer Bridge
- Students are expected to leave campus on Thursday's between 5:00pm - 7:00pm for the weekend. Students will need to return to campus between 6:30pm - 8:00pm on Sundays
- No animals or pets
- Students must adhere to the WSU Student Code of Conduct
- All linen is the responsibility of the student (bed size is XL Twin)
- FAFSA for the Academic year 2019-2020 must be completed prior to the beginning of the Fall Term.
- All students wishing to reside in the Resident Halls for Fall 2019 must complete the housing application and pay the application fee. Information on housing and the application can be found here: http://housing.wayne.edu/
- Students who do not successfully complete the Summer Bridge program will not be admitted to APEX Scholars or Wayne State University.
For more information about Summer Bridge requirements and expectations, return here later this year to download our 2019 Orientation Packet.
APEX Summer Bridge Dates:
- Sunday, June 23 - Wednesday, August 14, 2019
- Move In Date: Sunday, June 23, 2019 from 3:00pm - 6:00pm
- Student and Parent Orientation: All students and Parents must attend Orientation
- Saturday, May 11, 2019
- Friday, May 31, 2019
- Summer Bridge Student Registration for the Fall 2019 semester will take place during Orientation.
- Move Out Date: Wednesday, August 14, 2019
Students will receive orientation information after confirmation of admission to Bridge programs.
Summer Bridge Orientation is only for students and parents of ADMITTED Summer Bridge participants.
*The following fees are the responsibility of the student:
- Student Lock out Fee $20.00
- Replacement of lost room key Fee $150.00
- Replacement of lost One Card Fee $20.00